Bug 1155516 - [Build 20190625] openQA test fails in await_install - live installer seems to have reboot timeout but code says, it should not
[Build 20190625] openQA test fails in await_install - live installer seems to...
Status: CONFIRMED
Classification: openSUSE
Product: openSUSE Tumbleweed
Classification: openSUSE
Component: Installation
Current
Other Other
: P5 - None : Normal (vote)
: ---
Assigned To: YaST Team
Jiri Srain
https://openqa.opensuse.org/tests/968...
:
Depends on:
Blocks:
  Show dependency treegraph
 
Reported: 2019-10-31 05:41 UTC by Oliver Kurz
Modified: 2019-10-31 14:44 UTC (History)
1 user (show)

See Also:
Found By: ---
Services Priority:
Business Priority:
Blocker: ---
Marketing QA Status: ---
IT Deployment: ---


Attachments

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.
Description Oliver Kurz 2019-10-31 05:41:20 UTC
## Observation

openQA test in scenario opensuse-Tumbleweed-KDE-Live-x86_64-kde_live_upgrade_leap_42.3@64bit-2G fails in
[await_install](https://openqa.opensuse.org/tests/968448/modules/await_install/steps/42)
after the installation (or rather upgrade) because the installer closes itself without waiting for user confirmation.
According to https://github.com/yast/yast-installation/blob/master/src/lib/installation/clients/inst_finish.rb#L153 the live installer should always wait for user confirmation. It seems that "Mode.live_installation" is not regarded as true here.

## Test suite description
Uses the live installer on the kde live media for upgrading the system.


## Reproducible

The test failure is reproducible sometimes because we want to catch and stop the reboot timer


## Expected result

There should be no timeout in live installer/upgrade mode, see the soure code. Moreover, as discussed in https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1122493#c5 , it would be a helpful feature if the reboot dialog is configurable, also as proposed in https://github.com/yast/yast-installation/pull/823

## Further details

Always latest result in this scenario: [latest](https://openqa.opensuse.org/tests/latest?arch=x86_64&distri=opensuse&flavor=KDE-Live&machine=64bit-2G&test=kde_live_upgrade_leap_42.3&version=Tumbleweed)
Comment 1 Knut Alejandro Anderssen González 2019-10-31 14:42:33 UTC
(In reply to Oliver Kurz from comment #0)
> ## Observation
> 
> openQA test in scenario
> opensuse-Tumbleweed-KDE-Live-x86_64-kde_live_upgrade_leap_42.3@64bit-2G
> fails in
> [await_install](https://openqa.opensuse.org/tests/968448/modules/
> await_install/steps/42)
> after the installation (or rather upgrade) because the installer closes
> itself without waiting for user confirmation.
> According to
> https://github.com/yast/yast-installation/blob/master/src/lib/installation/
> clients/inst_finish.rb#L153 the live installer should always wait for user
> confirmation. It seems that "Mode.live_installation" is not regarded as true
> here.

Yup, since yast2-live-installer was dropped the live mode is not detected or true anymore.

I already created a PBI for improving the current behavior during a live installation.

https://trello.com/c/ueqrCN8I/3630-improve-live-installation-usability-and-behavior

Will create a new card for fixing this bug and also list it as part of the issues found during a TW live installation.

> 
> ## Test suite description
> Uses the live installer on the kde live media for upgrading the system.
> 
> 
> ## Reproducible
> 
> The test failure is reproducible sometimes because we want to catch and stop
> the reboot timer
> 
> 
> ## Expected result
> 
> There should be no timeout in live installer/upgrade mode, see the soure
> code. Moreover, as discussed in
> https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1122493#c5 , it would be a helpful
> feature if the reboot dialog is configurable, also as proposed in
> https://github.com/yast/yast-installation/pull/823

Thnx for the PR.

> 
> ## Further details
> 
> Always latest result in this scenario:
> [latest](https://openqa.opensuse.org/tests/
> latest?arch=x86_64&distri=opensuse&flavor=KDE-Live&machine=64bit-
> 2G&test=kde_live_upgrade_leap_42.3&version=Tumbleweed)