Bugzilla – Bug 1199508
VUL-1: CVE-2022-29885: tomcat,tomcat6: Documentation error can lead to DoS risks
Last modified: 2022-08-08 10:14:43 UTC
The documentation of Apache Tomcat 10.1.0-M1 to 10.1.0-M14, 10.0.0-M1 to
10.0.20, 9.0.13 to 9.0.62 and 8.5.38 to 8.5.78 for the EncryptInterceptor
incorrectly stated it enabled Tomcat clustering to run over an untrusted
network. This was not correct. While the EncryptInterceptor does provide
confidentiality and integrity protection, it does not protect against all risks
associated with running over any untrusted network, particularly DoS risks.
- SUSE:SLE-12-SP4:Update/tomcat 9.0.36
- SUSE:SLE-15-SP1:Update/tomcat 9.0.36
- SUSE:SLE-15-SP2:Update/tomcat 9.0.36
- SUSE:SLE-15:Update/tomcat 9.0.36
- openSUSE:Factory/tomcat 9.0.43
- SUSE:SLE-12-SP2:Update/tomcat 8.0.53
As this is only a documentation error, we can close it as wontfix if you like. Just let me know what you think about it.