Bugzilla – Bug 959764
systemd 228 failed switch to tty1
Last modified: 2016-01-05 08:50:20 UTC
systemd 228 now submit to Factory and current was in Staging Project - Staging I, however go through openQA, it is failed switch to tty1. The clue as far as I can see from the log is:
[ 9.182950] BTRFS: could not find root 8
[ 9.203738] BTRFS: could not find root 8
[ 9.206749] BTRFS: could not find root 8
[ 9.207826] BTRFS: could not find root 8
[ 9.242675] BTRFS: could not find root 8
[ 9.243419] BTRFS: could not find root 8
[ 9.244671] BTRFS: could not find root 8
[ 9.245374] BTRFS: could not find root 8
[ 9.246209] BTRFS: could not find root 8
[ 9.246978] BTRFS: could not find root 8
no idea it's Btrfs related or not.
Don't report bugs without informations like process table
ps aux | grep -E 'agetty|plymouth'
such logs nad/or informations are missed at https://openqa.opensuse.org/tests/104675
Sorry for missed attaching the logs, you can get relevant logs below,
1) process table - https://openqa.opensuse.org/tests/104675/file/psaxf.log
2) journalctl log - https://openqa.opensuse.org/tests/104675/file/journal
3) systemctl - https://openqa.opensuse.org/tests/104675/file/systemctl.log
4) systemctl status - https://openqa.opensuse.org/tests/104675/file/systemctl_status.log
and the result of ps aux | grep -E 'agetty|plymouth' is:
1387 ttyS0 Ss+ 0:00 /sbin/agetty --keep-baud 115200 38400 9600 ttyS0 vt220
The BTRFS messages are likely irrelevant and triggered by quota-related usage of systemd-tmpfiles: https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=205375
Jan submitted https://build.opensuse.org/request/show/350196
- Avoid enabling readahead services; they have been removed.
[fixes getty-tty1 not appearing in openqa]
Fix has been submitted, closing.